Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-48 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re:wondering

From: MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1991 03:57:00 -0800
Subject: Re:wondering
To: LOVE-HOUNDS@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM

Hi!

Steve begs:
>> One of my friends noticed that in Prince's new
>> album, he gives thanks to both Sinead O'Connor
>> and Kate Bush ... while we have some ideas why
>> Prince may have thanked Sinead, we are at an
>> absolute lost as to why he mentioned Kate.  Any
>> one know what is going on here?  Thanks.

And Richard replies:
> There were rumors recently that Prince had asked Kate to direct a
> video for him.  This has never been confirmed although the rumor
> seems to have grown into all sorts of bizarre forms within the
> media.
>
> As an aside, it's interesting to note that Prince is evidently
> using a symbol that consists of the male and female symbols
> combined.  I'm not sure when he started this as I've just noticed
> it recently but perhaps the KT-fem symbol was an inspiration.

That's certainly possible.  However, I did notice when looking at those same
liner notes that Prince also thanks Kathleen Battle, of all people.  This led
me to wonder if he was just thanking the vocalists whom he most admires, and
who maybe have inspired him?

Prince a KaTefan.  Who woulda thunk it?  :)

          |           	         Meredith Tarr                      |
	  | "I want to be a scholar, but I really can't be bothered |
	  |  Ooh just gimme it quick, gimme gimme gimme"- Kate Bush |
	  |		   mtarr@eagle.wesleyan.edu                 |