Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

CitW Vocals

From: Craig Heath <craig@sco.COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1991 07:37:12 -0800
Subject: CitW Vocals
To: eddie.mit.edu!love-hounds@sco.COM

> From: judi@coyote.datalog.COM (Judi McKernan)
> Date: Sun, 15 Dec 91 03:06:00 GMT

> She sounds somewhat girlish, as if her voice
> isn't matured...

Absolutely!  The very first time I heard this track, I thought "that
reminds me of Marilyn Monroe".  For those of you who may not have heard
Marilyn Monroe sing, she had a very poignant (that's a kind word) singing
voice.  I'm sure Kate had this in mind when recording CitW, which is, after
all, a tribute to/requiem for MM (nee Norma Jean Baker).

BTW, late at night, last weekend, Rocket Man finally clicked with me;
before I quite liked it, now I love it.  I think I must have been in just
the right sort of aimless dreamy mood, and I turned on the player without
remembering what was in it.  Preconceptions are are hard thing to overcome.

 O__ ....	Craig R.P. Heath	    Europe:
/|   bang	Santa Cruz Operation Ltd.	...!uknet!pyrltd!scol!craig
/ \		+44 923 816344 x417	    Internet: craig@sco.COM