Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Fools rush in to post

From: kaufman@eecs.nwu.edu (Michael L. Kaufman)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1991 20:30:41 -0800
Subject: Fools rush in to post
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: kaufman@eecs.nwu.edu (Michael L. Kaufman)

For thoses who just arrived:

This started when someone mentioned the line "fools rush in where angels
fear to tread". I meantioned that I had read a story whose moral was "fools
rush in where angels fear to tread, but the angels are in heaven, and few of
the fools are dead."  I said it was from a book by Jules Feiffer, but that I
couldn't remember the name. Then we got into a discussion about whether
Feiffer was spelled with a P or not (I checked, it isn't).

Now for the final chapter. I asked my dad, and he reminded me that it wasn't
from a Jules Feiffer book. It was from a book called "Further Fables for our
Time" by James Thurber (no P).

Just so this post has something about Kate in it. I would like to add my name
to the list of people who like the two new songs. I like CitW better because
it is a sparser arrangment. I wish she would do an album of just vocals and
piano.

Michael

--
Michael Kaufman | I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on
 kaufman        | fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in