Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Wendy Mahary and GG Allin

From: Desi The Three-Armed Wonder Comic <jondr@sco.COM>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1991 12:55:17 -0800
Subject: Re: Wendy Mahary and GG Allin
To: rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sco.COM

I am not saurav@tgevax.life.uiuc.EDU (Saurav Misra).  I didn't say:
>I'm also looking for info on a band called Single Gun Theory, on Nettwerk
>records. I tend to associate this label with Skinny Puppy and such dreck,
>but SGT had a very cool-sounding video on 120 Mins a while back.

First, consider yourself boxed soundly about the ears for daring to label
Skinny Puppy as "dreck."

Second, the most recent Single Gun Theory album ("Like Stars In My Hands")
is a wonderful excursion into female vox territory.  It certainly pummels
Kate's latest offering into a pile of bloody whale meat.  I can't say enough
good things about it, in fact.  Was the video for "From A Million Miles" or
"Words Written Backwards"?

Anyway, great album, buy it now.  I like it more than their first record,
"Exorcise this Wasteland."

--
Jon Drukman (finely honed machine)              uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
With hungered flesh obscurely, he mutely craved to adore.