Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-47 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Rocket Man/CitW

From: golden@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Stephen "Jokey" Golden)
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 1991 13:03:43 -0800
Subject: Rocket Man/CitW
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@noc2.dccs.upenn.edu

First off, I'd like to say that I recently bought the Rocket Man/CitW
single, and, never having heard Kate's version of either on the radio
or anything, have found it to be quite incredible.  Kate's voice
does wonders for both songs, especially Candle.  My roommate and I
had an argument over which song was better.  He likes Candle because
it sounds like it was made for Kates voice.  I like Rocketman because,
ever since I started listening to it, can't quite get it out of my head.
("And I think it's gonna be a long long time....") See what I mean.
Anyway, I was wondering, can anyone post the lyrics to these two songs?

Also, for the favorite Kate song, I'd have to go with Breathing.  (But, I
must note I debated myself for quite a while, drifting from Jig of Life, to
Infant Kiss, to Sat in Your Lap, Hello Earth, Rocket, This Woman's Work, ...
) I could go on, but I won't.

Another question...how many of the home demos (not counting the one's that
were released on TKI, Lionheart, or NFE were released as B-sides?
I always wonder what A Rose Growing Old would sound like.

--
-- Stephen Golden		Through the darkness of futures past,
golden@eniac.seas.upenn.edu     the magician longs to see,