Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

All records of Elton John???

From: Ben Siemerink <bjhs@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1991 03:03:51 -0800
Subject: All records of Elton John???
To: Love-Hounds@eddie.mit.edu (Love-Hounds Digest)
Mailer: Elm [revision: 64.9.hplb.1]

Hi Folks!

I just wonder. On the album Two Rooms and on the single Rocket Man, Kate
says the following:

----------
>From the age of 11, Elton John was my biggest hero. I loved his music, had
all his albums and I hoped one day I'd play the piano like him (I still do).
When I asked to be involved in this project and was given the choice of a
track it was like begin asked "would you like to fulfil a dream? would you
like to be Rocket Man?" ... yes, I would.

But I read an interview yesterday in which she was asked by whom she was
most influenced and she mentioned a lot of people, but NOT Elton John! Has
anyone ever though about this?

Ben.
 | Ben Siemerink, Bristol, UK.                           bjhs@hplb.hpl.hp.com |