Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Rocket Man lyrics

From: Ben Siemerink <bjhs@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1991 02:57:15 -0800
Subject: Rocket Man lyrics
To: Love-Hounds@eddie.mit.edu (Love-Hounds Digest)
Mailer: Elm [revision: 64.9.hplb.1]

Hi Folks!

I tried to write down the lyrics for Rocket Man, but I didn't manage to work
it out completely, due to me being Dutch iso British or American or
Australian. (Did I forget anyone?).

OK. This is how far I got without a dictionary. I know there are a lot of
things which are incorrect. Please let me know any comments.

----------
She packed my back last night preflight[?]
Zero hour nine a.m.
I'm gonna be high
As a kite by fin[?]

I miss the Earth so much
I miss my wife
It's lonely out in space
On such a ... flight

CHORUS:
And I think it's gonna be a long long time (to touch)[?]
Don't brings me ... I'm going to find
And nothing ............. I might home
Ah, no no no.
I'm a rocket man
Rocket man
Burning out his fuse
Up here alone

.... the kind of place to raise the kids
In fact it's cold as hell
And there's no one there to raise them
If you did

And all those sights I don't understand