Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Le Dortoir

From: Babooshka <JPARK%NUACVM.bitnet@UICVM.uic.edu>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 1991 01:38:36 -0800
Subject: Re: Le Dortoir
To: Rocket People Anonymous <love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com>

awalsh (not to be confused with ewelsh) asks about a Canadian dance
show. The name of it is _Loveletters-A Dance Fantasy_ and I have it
on tape. Can't find it at the moment, but I taped it from Arts and
Entertainment. The song you heard was indeed "Ne T'enfui Pas" (and I
know the spelling of that is in doubt) and besides that and RUTH the
show also featured "Breathing" and a few other Kate songs. I'll have
to watch it again. Most of the songs were used as background music. Not
as drop ins, but music that the dancers were listening to. RUTH and NTFP
were used for actual dance pieces. NTFP is especially beautifully danced
to, because it was like an actual video, and the dancers were superimposed
on clouds, very nicely done.

The other music pieces were very good too. I especially loved the dance
to Laurie Anderson. I'll re-watch it and write down details. For now, I
just wanted to let awalsh know that I saw it too, though it was a couple
of years ago.