Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-46 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KaTefaves, singles, usw.

From: Kjetil Torgrim Homme <kjetilho@ifi.uio.no>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1991 23:14:42 -0800
Subject: Re: KaTefaves, singles, usw.
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

We have the Rocket man single here in Norway, but this isn't very
surprising considering all records/singles are imported. My copy is
made in Germany.

I even bought it, but I must admit I regret it. (I already have Two
Rooms, which I regard better value). Rocket Man is *brilliant*, but
Candle in the Wind is very bland. It sounds like she's trying very
hard to sound different from Elton John. Hmmm, I think I'll listen to
it one more time before sending this...

Ah yes, those synthesizers really grates on my ears! What's the idea?
Norma Jean <-> Hollywood, Kate Bush (with reverb) <-> synthesizers?
It isn't a patch on Elton John's original, that's for sure.

Oh, and I have that noise around 0:55-0:59 on my single, too, both on the
vocal and the instrumental version - *not* a good sign about the
workmanship put into it.

There's an off-key slided note at 1:15, too, and a little more of that
noise, 1:23, 1:31, 2:14, ugh! The instrumental version has other
timings...

Patently depressing, and it isn't made better by the cover picture.
She looks old, much older than she is... *sigh*

I'd better put on Rocket Man again. I simply love that blend of all
the different music styles at the end! Yet an example of Kate's
genius.

My favourite Kate songs?

Jig of Life -
	if there is song that makes you want to dance, this must be it!

Or PLAY-EM-LOUD songs:
Waking the witch -
	I jump every time when the weirdness sets in.
Get out of my house -
	Sing-along-song numero uno!  (When no one is around, of course -
	"The great gig in the sky" is the same way :)

Or MOODY:
The man with the child in his eyes -
	I guess it is just I wish she was singing about me :)

It's hard to stop :) I could easily fill a top 10.

Kjetil T.

PS. Hi Ceder!