Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

*** New Kate Bush 'Lectronic Book ***

From: rhill@pnet01.cts.com (Ronald Hill)
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1991 01:01:42 -0800
Subject: *** New Kate Bush 'Lectronic Book ***
To: crash!wiretap.Spies.COM!Love-Hounds@nosc.mil

Deeper Understanding - A Compilation Of Kate Bush Articles
        I'd like to announce another electronic book I am a working on.   It's
called Deeper Understanding, and it will essentially be a "best of" the
Love-Hounds and, to a lesser extent, magazines and fan magazines.  The idea is
to collect the accumulated wisdom (???) of the love-hounds and make it
available in a better form than having to search through megabtyes of old
messages.  For the most part there will be no other artists, personal attacks,
political discussion, interviews with Kate, or stuff that repeats info already
in Cloudbusting or The Garden.  Material from magazines and fanzines will also
be included where it is available, but I probably won't be typing much in, so
unless it already in electronic form, it probably won't be included.
        The format is simular to Cloudbusting, I'm currently dividing it into
the following parts:

DMusic - Info on Songs/Albums (Reviews, Interpetations, etc.)
DStory - Info on various events in Kate's/Fan life
DRefer - places where Kate is mentioned
DSubject - Info on Various Subjects, People, etc.
DHumour - Kate related humour
DLhounds - Love-Hounds specific subjects

        I am thinking of all adding a section for "first time" experiences
with Kate.   I may also add the following, if other people are willing to type
the stuff in:

KPoetry - Kate inspired poetry (from fanzines)
KStories - Kate inspired stories (from fanzines)

        I don't know when I'll be finished with this.  I started it while
waiting for news of various sources of new material for "Cloudbusting" and
since I've started back in on that, I'll be working on "DU" only when I get
bored and need new reading material.
        A major problem at this time is that I don't have access to all the
past messages.  I only have access to messages from the time I've been on,
basicly to the beggining of the year.  If anyone would be willing to get me
the files from past years and put them on IBM 720k disks, I would be more then
willing to remeburse you..  If I'm not able to get these, it will basicly just
be the best from this year.
        I've gotten through most of this year and it's about 400k so far.  For
the most part I am simply including the messages as-is, editing only when a
message drifts into another topic.  I suspect it will probably be more then 2
megabytes when finished, but I can't be sure, as I've heard in years past
Love-Hounds wasn't always as active as it is now.

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!rhill
ARPA: crash!pnet01!rhill@nosc.mil
INET: rhill@pnet01.cts.com