Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-45 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I'll Be Back

From: caen!bsbbs!cynthia@harvard.harvard.edu (Cynthia Rosas)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1991 20:11:48 -0800
Subject: I'll Be Back
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Hi all!  Well, this  is a bit of a potporri.

First, the latest music news in Orlando.

It seems last Monday, at a downtown "progressive, underground
punk" club called Club Space Fish, a group known as GG Wells
and the Murder Junkies, proceeded to urinate and defacate
onstage, and then began throwing the ... poo poo at the
audience.  They were arrested, the club was temporarily shut
down.   Apparently, in 1989, the same guys were arrested in
Dallas for the same type thing.  THe news had a video snippet.
It was very nice.   One of the band members claimed that his
body was atemple, and all his fluids were sacred.
Neat.  I'm so glad I was doing laundry instead.

Saw the Addams family.  Thought the characterizations were
Mah-velous, ANgelica Huston is the BEST, and all the other
cast members were great as well.  My only criticism, if there
is to be a sequel, they need a much better script.  This one
was cute, but the movie was carried by great performances, not
great plot.  Not terrible plot either, but not great.
Overall, very amusing, quite entertaining, and great acting.

Ok.  Lessee, I'll be back to Hound and Love you on Monday,
December 9.  In the meantime, you may fight over the following
offer.  I currently have the Happy Rhodes cd Warpaint.
Listened to it, here's what I think.
Ms. Rhodes has a lovely, rich alto voice.  Loved her voice.
The tunes were well matched to the lyrics, in fact I liked
some of the music more than the lyrics, though usually I dwell
on lyrics.  Her lyrics were obviously haeartfelt, but not my
cup of tea.  I grew quickly weary of what struck me a lyrical
histrionics.  I felt like I was listening to Joni Mitchell on
acid at times.  I think I would have preferred this music
several years back when I was having certain kinds of
problems.   But hey, it ain't my cup of tea, maybe it'll be
yours.
If you want, I'll send Warpaint to you, just let me know.
Hey, for free, it's surely worth a try.

Meantime, since I'm no longer playing it, I have found that it
makes an excellent kitty litter turd scraper.
My boyfriend and I tried to use it as a rather new wave cock
ring, but the hole was too small!!!!  (He'll love that one!)

Ohhhh, okay, of course I'm kidding, I'm not really doing any
of these heinous things with it.   I just love rattling
ya'll's chains a little!

Thank you, Andrew Russ, for the record store list!  All you
folks who gave suggestions were so sweet!

Have a VERY happy Thanksgiving, all of you.  Special best
wishes to Richard, Melissa, Jon Drukman, Ben Haller...

Best wishes also to Ken Brownfield, Steve VanDeventer(from
your raving bitch), and to Miss Vickie of course
Oh, Vickie, when I get back from vacation, I was planning on
joining the ECTO mailing list.  You said it was so friendly
and flame free, I thought I'd better put a stop to that.. hee
hee... oh lighten up, it's a JOKE!!!!

Okay, bye ya'll, I'll miss love-hounds till Dec 9, but I'll be
having fun.  And remember, I'll be receiving all the posts,
and so, whatever oppressive, sappy or generally icky thaings
ya'll say, .... you _know_ I'll be back to straighten youse
out. :-)

Ah, and Ben , a post of your with a very charming PS was
forwarded to me, though I never saw it in the digest.  THe
answer is, no, hordes of people are falling in love with me by
the minute.  :-)  Not really, but I am pretty darned lovable!
No, I don't really look like Kate, exzcept maybe that I have
succulently full lips made to be kissed.  Gotta go, I fear I'm
about to get more nearsighted - heeeee, bye.

Have a nice holiday

Cynthia of Orlando and temporarily, Washington, DC

"I'll Be Back."   - Ahh-nold

----
Cynthia Rosas <cynthia@bsbbs.UUCP> <{n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!cynthia>
The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)