Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-44 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sarah McLachlan Interview: US Release Date for Solace

From: Berton Wong <wongb@spook.EE.McGill.CA>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1991 09:53:35 -0800
Subject: Sarah McLachlan Interview: US Release Date for Solace
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Hi!

It's been a while since I posted, but I have some news about the release of
Solace in the US. Sarah was in Montreal yesterday to do a show at Le Spectrum.
She did an interview for MusiquePlus where she said that Solace will be
released in the States on January 28 (I think), and sometime in March in
Europe.                   ==========
I'll check those dates and repost if they are wrong.

Apparently, the record company people convinced her that this was the best way
to do it. I think the rationale was that so she could finish touring Canada
before releasing it in the States. But since the release in Canada, she toured
Canada twice already and went to Japan as well, so I don't see why the US
release should take so long.
I do suspect that she will tour in the States once it's finally released.

Also, in the interview, she discussed the difficulties in making the video for
_Into_the_Fire_. (Basically, she almost got hypothermia from lying in a pool
of mud for a few hours in a cold (10 deg.) studio that had no running hot
water)

She said that the next single _Drawn_to_the_Rhythm_ will be released in
Canada in January. They will be shooting the video in December and she will be
be directing it!!!

Could someone who is willing to post this on rec.music.misc send me some mail.
My news service doesn't allow posting of articles. Please mail me because I
wouldn't want this to show up more than once.

Thanks...

Berton Wong
now at wongb@ee470.ee.mcgill.ca (* New Account!! *)
Undergraduate UNIX Lab, EE,
McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada