Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-44 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Love-Hounds Digest #7.373

From: viewpnt!echelon!henrik@uunet.UU.NET (Larry DeLuca)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1991 10:32:14 -0800
Subject: Love-Hounds Digest #7.373
To: uunet!EDDIE.MIT.EDU!Love-Hounds-Request@uunet.UU.NET
Cc: Love-Hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU

> I think your equating "psychological force" with physical force and rape
> is disgusting and sexist.  Anyone can say no to even the most convincing
> argument if they really want to.  Nobody can say no to a gun or a knife.
>
> Psychological pressure cannot harm me unless there is some underlying
> threat of physical abuse.  I don't care if someone thinks I might be
> "frigid" or "immoral".  Their opinions cannot hurt me unless I allow them
> to.
>

>  Melissa Caldwell                         You want my reply?
>  The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)         What was the question?
>  {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!mdc           I was looking at the Big Sky
>  mdc@bsbbs.UUCP

Your own last sentence says it all.  However, if you read my posting more
carefully before declaring it "disgusting and sexist" you would have noticed
that I mentioned that psychological abuse and pressure were harder to
fight because they often could not be confronted directly.

I have had the unique experience of being both physically and psychologically
sexually violated in my life (on different occasions, needless to say).  After
my body healed, I found it considerably easier to get over the physical one,
because I could point to a tangible wrong that someone had done me.  It took
me a lot longer to figure out I didn't have to sleep with someone because they
were pressuring me to and I was lonely.

Yes, in that situation I let me hurt me.  But those kind of hurts are
still harder to deal with in many ways.

Don't assume that because I have a penis that I can't possibly understand
the weight of the words I use.  It annoys me.

					larry...