Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-44 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Rocket man, Fairlights, plastic forks ...

From: Kjetil Torgrim Homme <kjetilho@ifi.uio.no>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1991 23:08:03 -0800
Subject: Re: Rocket man, Fairlights, plastic forks ...
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

First, I must admit that I don't think I've heard Elton's version of
Rocket Man. However, Kate's rendition is one (the?) of the highlights
on Two Rooms. I guess it's the weird and wonderful mix of instruments
and rhythms (I love that little jig on the end) that does it for me. I
couldn't care less about loneliness/happiness...

Did anyone else think that every one of those songs sounds like they
made them themselves. Perhaps not such a surprise in the case of the
Beach Boys, they'll ruin anything :) Most of the others are wonderful,
though, especially Bruce Hornsby (love that piano), Sting, Eric
Clapton and George Michael. The album is *absolutely* worth the money.

Kjetil T.