Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

rocketsongs

From: tessi!john@nosun.West.Sun.COM (John Zimmer)
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1991 13:13:14 -0800
Subject: rocketsongs
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Was just listening this morning to a local (Portland) non-commercial station (KBOO),
they have Friday morning program called "Instant Breakfast" which is a pretty decent
sampler of alternative-female-vocal music.  Anyway, the host/DJ played "Rocket Man"
and "Rocket's Tail" back to back -- seems obvious in hindsight.  As I listened, I
found myself thinking, "This kinda works, an album or EP like this would be fun."  I
just can't think of any other songs to go on it!  As for a title, hmmm, I don't know,
maybe _R is for Rocket_?

(Apologies to Ray Bradbury.  8-)

John Zimmer                         sun.com!nosun!tessi!john

Irgendwo in der Tiefe gibt es ein Licht!