Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Alan Stivell

From: <DTHOMAS%MAINE.MAINE.EDU@VM1.gatech.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1991 11:59:33 -0800
Subject: Alan Stivell
To: REC-MUSIC-GAFFA@gatech.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I'm sure someone else will repsond with >>loads<< more information
about AS... I'm far from a Big Fan.  But, be that as it may,
here's what I know:  AS has been involved in Celtic music for
years, primarily playing various types of harps.  His music
has ranged from traditional folk songs to his more recent
"new-agey" offerings.  I love the former; the latter I find
a bit weak at times.  He is well worth checking out.  Do so! :-)

David Thomas                              Confusion is the state of promise,
University of Maine                       the fertile void where surprise is
Orono, Maine                              possible again.
DTHOMAS@MAINE.MAINE.EDU                            - Paul Goodman