Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Alan Stivell

From: Karl Dotzek <DOTZEK%DS0LILOG.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1991 04:57:36 -0800
Subject: Alan Stivell
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Hey hey,

this news group made me hear my Kate Bush records again - and it was
a sort of re-discovering her. KT is a *great* musician. And after
hearing her music I understood better about what's going on in here,
which made me hear her again in turn, which made me better understand,
etc. Wonder when this spiral staircase reaches the top...

Thanks to Vickie who managed to keep me on the list. During some
more time with it the flames are not so annoying anymore. After my
first two weeks, I was a bit overwhelmed of all the new things.
Maybe now I am crueler, not reading EVERYthing.  :-)

A hint to all newcomers: wait for a regular monthly posting -
it is very informative and explains a lot about the list.

But now, why I'm writing: Someone asked about Alan Stivell.
I saw him this summer at the Festival Interceltique in Lorient,
Bretagne, France doing a giantic concert with about a hundred
musicians playing all sorts of instruments from electronic to
folkloristic (e.g bagpipe) together at the same time.
He himself played the harp and conducted.

I don't like such big things too much, especially as the sound
in that sport hall wasn't very well. I think he's much into
celtic folk, I have not checked his records so far. In
France he seems to be a big act.

Still happy among you, Karl.

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
:  Karl Dotzek                                dotzek@ds0lilog.BITNET  )
:  Institute for Knowledge Based Systems (IKBS)                       )
:  Schloss-Strasse 70                                                 )
:  D-7000 Stuttgart 1                               xx49-711-6695615  )
:  - communication is everything  /  everything is communication -    )

% end of mail