Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

C-Side Flyer

From: caen!bsbbs!nrc@harvard.harvard.edu (N. Richard Caldwell)
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1991 21:07:54 -0800
Subject: C-Side Flyer
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

I'd expected that this would have been mentioned by now but since
it hasn't it will give me an opportunity to see if the recent
problem with posts from The Big Sky appearing in the digest but
not the newsgroup is temporary or continuing.

Tom Richards of C-Side records has a new flyer out.  It's nice
to see that Love-Hounds and Ron's Cloudbusting are mentioned
prominently.  Tom is offering to send disks with the Cloudbusting
and Garden material for $10 to cover his costs.  He may find that
he'll be spending more time copying and mailing disks than he can
afford.

In Tom's intro he apologizes for the errors in the Goldmine
article which he says were the result of either his handwriting
or the huge amount of material that he provided.  He had expected
an opportunity to correct the errors in the article prior to
press time but he was in no hurry since the article was supposed
to have been shelved until the release of the new LP.

Tom talks about the book that he is collaborating with Robert
Goodwin on entitled "The Illustrated Collector's Guide to Kate
Bush".  This is supposed to contain over 350 photos of the Kate
Bush collectibles and a wealth of details on these items.  Tom
has made arrangements with Robert Goodwin to be the main supplier
of this book in the US so this is evidently some sort of self-
published effort.  Tom says that the book is complete and will
be taking advance orders at a price of $10.95 plus shipping.
They're expecting a release date of December 1.  I seem to
recall some talk that Andy Marvick might get chance to proof
this prior to printing and I wonder if that ever happened?

Of course there is a long list of Kate collectibles, most of
which seem fairly priced.  I was interested to see that he's
asking $40 for the diamond shaped mini LP promo poster that we
paid $15 for at the Kleveland Kate Kon.  Also, I must admit that
I fail to understand  the attraction of this new "can" bootleg.

Also of note is Tom's remark that the Japanese _The Whole Story_
laser disc is of better quality than the US version.  This seems
at odds with comments that I've seen here.  It is possible that
the Japanese version used higher quality source material so I
encourage anyone with both pressings to carefully examine them
for differences.  Tom seems to be a fair dealer but I have to
wonder if his vision wasn't affected by the fact that he may
have copies of the $60 Japanese release in stock when he
compared it to the $24 US release.  Tom seems in the same boat
with many other Kate/Laser fans in that he is anxiously seeking
a copy of _The Single File_ on laser.

Jorn's first Newsbriefs from Love-Hounds appears in what might be
abridged form (weren't there three pages?) copied in small print
on the last page.  Alas, most of the news is quite old by now.
Originally there was talk that this would be a monthly effort.
Jorn, have you abandoned this effort?  Was it due to lack of
interest, time or news?

Tom again mentions his intent to start a Kate Bush BBS (an excellent
in my opinion :-).  He doesn't mention what sort of software he
plans to use so it's unclear whether he'll be networking at all.

"Don't drive too slowly."         Richard Caldwell
                                  The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)
                                  {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!nrc
                                  nrc@bsbbs.UUCP