Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-43 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Loose Threads

From: Desi The Three-Armed Wonder Comic <jondr@sco.COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1991 10:32:52 -0800
Subject: Re: Loose Threads
To: rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sco.COM

I am not stev0@sti.COM (Steve Berlin).  I didn't say:
>Someone said The Dreaming got "mixed" reviews?  The only controversy I can see
>involving TD is whether it's the best album on the Earth or in the Solar System.
>Me?  I think it's the best in the whole damn GALAXY!

Ditto for me.

>Re: Theodore.  I did NOT buy it just for Kate (Hell, I never bought the
>soundtrack to "She's Having a Baby", and I know I made the right choice).

You made the WRONG choice.  Besides the Kate track, there was a new XTC song
on it - and so far it hasn't been released elsewhere (yeah, they released a
different mix of it but I actually like the soundtrack one better).

> (3rd Bass?  Gimmie a break!  OK, they
>may be the best "White Rap" group, but that is like saying "the most honest
>lawyer" or "most compassionate Republican".  Not quite an oxymoron, but veddy
>veddy rare.

You're a twerp.  3rd Bass are quite excellent.  Anyone who beats the crap
out of Vanilla Ice with a baseball bat in their video is OK by me.

>What songs would *I* like Kate to Kover?

Good list.  Here's mine:

Come On Get Happy (partridge family theme song)
Alex Harvey Band - "Faith Healer"
	(I just know that Kate would do something
	suitably orgasmic for the "can I put my hands on you" line)
We've Got A Fuzzbox And We're Gonna Use It - "Self!"
Single Gun Theory - "Halo Halo"
Severed Heads - "Greater Reward"
Big Black - "Kerosene"
Anything by the Legendary Pink Dots
Scraping Foetus Off The Wheel - "Ramrod" or "Descent Into The Inferno"
Braindead Sound Machine - "I'm In Jail"

Wow, I could do this all day.

>Have you ever noticed how much Kate Bush looks like Don King?

Yeah, I did notice that.  Weird, isn't it?

--
Jon Drukman (finely honed machine)              uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
With hungered flesh obscurely, he mutely craved to adore.