Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

When I first heard KaTe...

From: John.Grigutis@branch.FIDONET.ORG (John Grigutis)
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 1991 07:53:30 -0800
Subject: When I first heard KaTe...
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

I was first exposed to KaTe when watch Night Flight.  They where showing
her Experiment IV video.  I was amazed!  What a beautiful voice, and
the concept of the video/song was very interesting.  I knew right
away the this person wasn't just another "sex, love, pop, ad naseum"
singer.  The problem was, I didn't catch her name!  I remembered the
title of the video, but not the artist.  Sogoing to my local Sam not-

so Goody, I asked if there was a catalog of songs/albums by title
alone.  I looked for Experiment IV, but nothing.  Oh well, I sighed,
rationalized and said that she probably isn't that good anyway.  (Boy
was I ever wrong ;->)  A couple of months later, just walking around
in another store, I saw a CD cover with the picture of a beautiful
woman.  I picked it up and BANG!  Track 10 was "Experiment IV"!  Oh
joyeous day!  I quickly skipped to the cashier and popped down my
$16.  All I could say the first time I listened to the CD was:  "Kate

Bush, oh what a feeling!" and jumping wildly.  Needless to say, the
people from Toyota got a hold of my comment and immediately sued me
for trademark infringement.  ;;-))

p.s. - Has anyone noticed the secret comment about a well-known Irish
band in All We Ever Look For?  She is quoted in saying: "All we ever
look for -- a little bit of U2;..."  The real strange thing is that
U2 responds to Kate: "But I still haven't found what I'm looking for..."
Hmmmmm...  Could it be they're both looking for a better Recorder/

Mixer for their next albums?  Hmmmm....
--
John Grigutis via FidoNet node 1:369/11

UUCP  (smart): John.Grigutis@branch.FIDONET.ORG
UUCP (not-so): shark.cs.fau.edu!branch!John.Grigutis