Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The KaTe Tribute Album

From: brianb@natinst.com (Brian Bloom)
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1991 11:32:20 -0800
Subject: Re: The KaTe Tribute Album
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <1991Oct31.184548.12017@athena.mit.edu> kyrlidis@athena.mit.EDU (Angelos Kyrlidis) writes:

>Brian, how is the sound quality of the import? In the domestic release there is
>hiss on the TSW covers. I thought it was intentional. I hope Pink Floyd have
>kept the hiss levels high on Rocket's tail, so that you can't crank it up
>without it being annoying. I know PF are kind of paranoid with sound quality
>but if they did a DDD recording of it, it would be major kt-heresy.

Like I said, I haven't seen or heard the domestic release but the overall
quality of the CD is fairly good.  I hadn't thought about it before, but I
guess Rocket's Tail was a little more muddled than some of the others.
Kinda like some versions of the Wall.  Maybe they'll come out with a
Harvest, Mobile Fidelity, or Ultradisc version that doesn't have the noise,
but you're right, it's probably intentional.  I'll pay attention on my next
listen to it to see if there is a noticable noise increase.

So you have the domestic version, then?  Could you Email me a track listing
with times? I want to see if anything was editted for the import.

   \__/_/       \/_/ \_\/         \/_/ \_\/ \_\/   brianb@natinst.com