Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-41 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The KaTe Tribute Album

From: kyrlidis@athena.mit.edu (Angelos Kyrlidis)
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1991 10:45:48 -0800
Subject: Re: The KaTe Tribute Album
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@athena.mit.edu (News system)

In article <29770@natinst.natinst.com> brianb@natinst.COM (Brian Bloom) writes:

>In article <1991Oct31.000219.20789@athena.mit.edu> kyrlidis@athena.mit.EDU (Angelos Kyrlidis) writes:
>>Oh, you mean the ktisgod CD? Oh, it's been out for a while.
>>Track listing and quotes from singers:
>>[track list deleted]
>>My mind has gone blank after this one. Does anybody remember the rest of the
>>tracks and quotes?
>
>I picked up a British import copy that included an a few different tracks
>than what you listed (I haven't seen the US domestic release)
>
>If don't have this already, go check it out.  I think it's a lot better
>quality that 'Two Rooms' and it's certainly gotta go in any KaTeIdolizing
>worshipper's collection.

Brian, how is the sound quality of the import? In the domestic release there is
hiss on the TSW covers. I thought it was intentional. I hope Pink Floyd have
kept the hiss levels high on Rocket's tail, so that you can't crank it up
without it being annoying. I know PF are kind of paranoid with sound quality
but if they did a DDD recording of it, it would be major kt-heresy.

Angelos
|'My ears have parasites'-hApPy RhOdEs|