Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate reference on Mystery Science Theater 3000!

From: nstar!bluemoon!bsbbs!cynthia@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Cynthia Rosas)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1991 21:56:36 -0800
Subject: Kate reference on Mystery Science Theater 3000!
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie) writes:

> Vickie and Chris here. We're brushing ourselves off after rolling on the
> floor. Did anyone else in America see Mystery Science Theater 3000?
> They just mentioned Kate Bush.
>
>    For those who my not be familiar with it, MST3K is (IOHO) the funniest
> show on TV. An average guy, Joel Robinson worked at the Gizmonic Institute.

Yes! I've been watching this for weeks, it is hilarious.
Initially I thought it must be intended as a kid's show.
However, the references are often only understandable by over
30-ish (or so) folks.  SOme of their jokes are really goofy
and some are pretty sophisticated references, but they always
leave me crying from laughing so hard!  The Kate reference was
really neat, yeah one of the writers must be a fan.
A recent favorite of mine was the gigantic spider that lived
in the cave?  Remember that one?  THey ripped it to shreds, it
was too funny!

>    So this week the Evil Scientists showed him a Roger Corman film called
> "The Saga of the Viking Women and their Voyage to the Waters of the Great
> Sea Serpent". As usual Joel, Crow and Tom Servo appeared in silhouette at
 Thank God the Gamara series is over (Gamara is a sort of
turbo fueled giant turtle hero who saves Japan from all kinds
of mishaps).  And where did Sandy Frank crawl out from under?
(The producer of many of the baaaaaaad movies they show each
week.

The times for this clever series is 10:00 am est, and 7:00 pm
est, on the Comedy Channel.  I _think_ there's a showing on
Friday nights around 1:00 am, but I'm not sure.  ANyways, the
7pm is a repeat of the 10am show.  Try it, you'll guffaw.

----
Cynthia Rosas <cynthia@bsbbs.UUCP> <{n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!cynthia>
The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)