Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lots of stuff about Emotion and Cynicism

From: nstar!bluemoon!bsbbs!cynthia@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Cynthia Rosas)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1991 22:05:00 -0800
Subject: Re: Lots of stuff about Emotion and Cynicism
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

So James said:
> Yes, the rational mind is the ONLY thing that should direct what we do.  Our
> system of logic is infallible and efficient, and the only thing that has
> advanced humankind this far.

Ohhhhh, now James, you know darned well that's not what Jon
was saying.  In fact, I've heard NO such thing coming out of
anybody's mouths (er,, fingers) here.  Not even the most
cynical, steel hardened hearted, mean and crotchedy of us.

> I think that we should make an official policy here at r.m.g to actively
> ridicule ANYBODY who posts emotional writings.  Emotions of other people are
> such fun to pick apart, and it would be a shame to waste the opportunity.
> It's just silly to feel open, trusting, or sensitive where Kate Bush is
> concerned.  Gestalt therapy is the only real solution here.

Ya know, I like your style, kid!  You 've got a sarcastic tone
that is very refreshing!  I mean that very much as a
compliment!   But, I still think no one here is suggesting
such a thaing.

> I don't take anything people say about me seriously, either.  Safest
> policy.  After all, nobody knows me as well as I do, which implies that
> nobody knows anything about me I don't already know, so I can (and should)
> just cheerfully ignore them.

Excellent!

Jon again:
> >am vindicated, because poor old Cynthia has been trounced.  Yes, she was a
> >bit rude and inconsiderate, but we all have our off days.
 James:
> OK, for you freshman netters:  Don't Post When You Have an Off Day.

> This was communicated to me more than once, when I first started reading
> and posting news.  Are there ways onto the net that avoid these warnings?

 Heyyy, I thought I told youse!  I wasn't having any "off"
day!  See what you did Jon? Now some people might think I
would have written differently on a non-"off" day.  THanks
alot, you're messing up my reputation!

For You Freshman Netters:  Post at Will!

> Mmm, that's my goal too, to be able to take maximum punishment!  I think
> everybody should be as tough as they can be, number one priority.  It's a
> tough world out there, and we need to teach all you gaffa-ites how to
> survive it.  There's a war on, of ideas!

Well, not a war I'd say, but a lively exchange for sure.  I
don't think people need to be tough, but they do need to
realize that it's not necessary to get all sweaty cause some
don't agree.  There's times to be tough, and times to be
tender....purrrrrr

> Flames and other follow-ups, please take offline into email.

Sorry, I didn't have time.
Have a good one!

Cynthia of Orlando

"You are a raving bitch!"  A Sensitive Soul

----
Cynthia Rosas <cynthia@bsbbs.UUCP> <{n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!cynthia>
The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)