Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: USSR

From: ylikreko@tne09.tele.nokia.fi
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1991 09:45:53 -0800
Subject: Re: USSR
To: <love-hounds@WIRETAP.SPIES.COM>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@noknic.nokia.fi (USENET at noknic)

In article <9110260649.AA03779@samba.acs.unc.edu>, Ken.Saintjohn@samba.acs.unc.EDU writes:

>  Well fellow KaTe fans just thought I would let ya all know that there is
>  now at least one KaTe Bush album in the Soviet Union! :-) I sent Serg
>  an extra copy of "The Kick Inside" about 6 weeks ago, it sure took it's
>  time but eventually made it past the KGB :-) What follows is part of a
>  letter from Serge....

A year a ago I found a Bulgarian pressing of Never for Ever from a local
shop. I'm pretty sure it was imported from Russia. Same shop also had
Peter Gabriel's So released under Russian Melodika label.
So there has been at least some exposure to Kate Bush in Soviet Union before.

Anyway, well done Ken!

--
Perttu Yli-Krekola              py64725@cc.tut.fi
Tampere, Finland                ylikreko@tnclus.tele.nokia.fi