Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New to the list

From: Karl Dotzek <DOTZEK%DS0LILOG.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1991 05:03:50 -0800
Subject: New to the list
To: Kate Bush Digest <love-hounds-request@eddie.mit.edu>

Dear all,

since two weeks I am following the love hounds list.  :)
Some of the text is really informative, most of it is absolutely not
interesting (personal debates). I think it is ridiculous, when adults
discuss banalities in the open network, so that everyone can
read it. This should be turned immediately into private communication.

It is obvious that you don't understand someone properly, if you can't
see or hear him. You don't get the information contained in
gesture, mimicry and voice-tone. So I recommend to be extremely
polite in email.

In here is too much crap, I don't have the time to even skip it. :(
To find the neat things among it takes me too long, so I consider
leaving love hounds. Maybe some think now, this is what the guy
should do, so we get rid of him, but I will give it a try.

My appeal goes to all those, who think they need an open forum to
solve their personal problems with other humans. Think before you
write - how many people will and really want to read it?

Something else: is there a possibility to understand better what's
going on for a novice? Something like a startup file, which covers
the main topics of interest, explains some often used abbreviations
(like IMHO), which perhaps are only difficult for *me* as no
native speaker of English, and also highlights important personalities:
whois IED, whois Happy Rhodes, etc.

Third: DON'T BUY  *TWO ROOMS* . It's nothing but a trick of music
business, to let you spend money for things you don't want. :-< Look
for another way to get RocketMan, but don't support this compilation-
method: every fan of ONE artist on the album will buy NINE other
artists s/he would never think of putting into her/his shelf.

Nice to be among you,

Karl.

:  Karl Dotzek                                    dotzek@ds0lilog.BITNET  )
:  Institute for Knowledge Based Systems (IKBS)                           )
:  Schloss-Strasse 70                                                     )
:  D-7000 Stuttgart 1                                   xx49-711-6695615  )

% end of mail