Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-40 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Miranda Sex Garden

From: vishal@ra.csc.ti.com (Vishal Markandey)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1991 07:37:00 -0800
Subject: Miranda Sex Garden
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU writes:

>>From Vickie's fingertips:
>
>> Meredith, you mentioned that you are into Medieval music. I don't think
>> this would classify, but it's close. Do you know of a group named
>> Miranda Sex Garden? They are an acapella group who sing songs dating
>> from the late 1500s to the early 1600s. (What years do "Medieval"
>> encompass?)
>
> No, I've never heard of them- at least, not that I know of. :)  As far as what

The latest(?) issue of "SPIN", the one with Sinead on the cover, has a nice
little review of "Miranda Sex Garden".  The songs they sing are called
"Madrigals" which my dictionary defines as:

An unaccompanied vocal composition for two or three voices in simple
harmony, developed in Italy in the late 13th and early 14th century.

- V