Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Two Rooms

From: dwelch@devnull.mpd.tandem.com (Dan Welch)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1991 06:53:33 -0700
Subject: Re: Two Rooms
To: rec-music-gaffa@devnull.mpd.tandem.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9110231530.AA03349@tgevax.life.uiuc.edu> saurav@tgevax.life.uiuc.EDU (Saurav Misra) writes:
>   BTW, apparently the title of the collection was taken from the fact
>that Elton and Bernie Taupin don't actually sit down together when they
>collaborate. Taupin writes the lyrics, hands them to EJ who goes off and
>composes music for them, hence the songs are created in two different rooms.

I was under the impression (from a friend who is an Elton John fanatic --
seems pretty strange to me, it's not like he's God, or anything) that the
title came from a song off one of their albums; the exact title of the song
escapes me right now.

BTW:  what do people think about Elton vs. Bernie?  Where was the real talent
in this duo?  I think that Bernie got pretty short shrift all those years,
when only Elton was highlighted.  Bernie wrote the lyrics, and for me that's
the strong part of their songs.

| Daniel Welch			      | Don't you think there's more?	      |
| Tandem Computers, Inc.	      | I really have to know;		      |
| Austin, TX, USA		      | Don't you think there's more to life? |
| dwelch@devnull.mpd.tandem.com	      |		The Innocence Mission	      |