Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: wet!logic@cca.ucsf.EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1991 02:16:40 -0700
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com>

To: ucsfcca!ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU!rec-music-gaffa
From: logic@wet.UUCP (Henry Kwan)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Stufh...
Date: 22 Oct 91 07:52:29 GMT

Have been lurking for awhile without posting but I thought I'd just comment
on Kate's cover of "Rocket Man".  Just heard it on the radio a few hours ago
and I must say that it's a great version.  Though hearing those lyrics
sung by Kate instead of Elton is a little disconcerting.

Also wanted to inject that I noticed a Happy Rhodes ad in CD Review.  It was
one of those 1/30th page mini-ads.  The picture is apparently the cover of
the album "Warpaint" with the following text:

Happy Rhodes: Warpaint
For those who are drawn to the progressive sophistication of Peter Gabriel,
Kate Bush, or Laurie Anderson, Warpaint is a must!  The fifth disc from this
gifted vocalist/composer, Rhodes continues to enchant and challenge with
haunting imagery, vocal brilliance, and an emotional honesty second to none.
$13.99 plus $2 P&H (NY residents add 7% sales tax).  Aural Gratification.
PO Box 8658. Academy Station, Albany, NY  12208.

Aural Gratification AGCD0017

I kinda wonder what kind of response do you expect from an 1/30th page ad?

--
Henry Kwan                |  AppleLink: FWB [] CompuServe: 71320,1034
FWB, Inc.                 |  Voice: (415)474-8055 [] FAX: (415)775-2225