Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-39 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Dio connection & Cockney Rebjects

From: E Welsh <evan@castle.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1991 02:23:31 -0700
Subject: Re: Dio connection & Cockney Rebjects
To: rec-music-gaffa@ukc.ac.uk
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Source-Info: From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

Chris writes:

>   I guess everyone forgot the obvious Kate and Ronnie James Dio connection;
>that Jimmy Bain, one of the legion of bassists on _The Dreaming_, was the
>bass player in Dio. There seems to be little overlap between Kate fans and
>Heavy Metal fans, but one of our old correspondents from California, Wayne
>Henderson, has a dream of seeing Kate and Ronnie James Dio singing a duet.

My impression of HM fans (good grief I'm married to one!) is that they are
no less open-minded than the next person (not that you implied they're
not open-minded). KaTe's releases are _always_ reviewed in the HM press and
in my experience they are just as likely to dedicate a whole article on KaTe
as the rest of the music press. The reviews are rarely unsympathetic I might
add. In fact they are usually raves.

If none of this rings true then perhaps, like HM music, there are
differences between HM fans on opposite sides of the Atlantic.

Rocket Man
10/10 for this song. Gorgeous!
The rest of the album is worth a listen too, particularly the Clapton, Who,
Sinead and Tina Turner tracks. Get it if you can.
/ Evan Welsh                                           <evan@ed.ac.uk>\
\ Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre                (+44 31 650 5022)/