Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: Sean Casey <sean@ms.uky.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1991 07:15:50 -0700
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey)
Subject: Re: Ecto/ Marriage/ Yma/ Cocteau Lyrics...
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1991 14:15:42 GMT

katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie) writes:

|Vickie here.

|> If not, do you know any of the lyrics to any of their songs....(Preferably
|> from Heaven Or Las Vegas)  I have the WORST time understanding them!

|But, there are no lyrics in Cocteau Twins songs. It only seems that way
|because every now and then you can pick out an "English" word. Liz is the
|only person in the known universe who knows what she's singing about.
|She has always used sounds as words and words as sounds. Nothing more.
|At least, nothing more that you should worry about, or you'll end up
|driving yourself crazy, running down the street screaming "WHAT DOES
|SHE _MEAN_, CHEERIOS?????" and then your friends and relatives will
|worry about you.

WHEW! Thanks for posting that!

*I* was starting to worry about me. Figured maybe the verbal
processing center of the brain wasn't getting enough oxygenated blood
or something. Good to know the surrealism is external, if you know
what I mean :).

Sean
--
Sean Casey        |``Wind, waves, etc. are breakdowns in the face of the
sean@s.ms.uky.edu | commitment to getting from here to there. But they are the