Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Caetano Veloso

From: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1991 08:19:17 -0700
Subject: Caetano Veloso
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

>From: REWOICC%ERENJ@pucc.PRINCETON.EDU (your tragic beauty)
>Subject: Re: Love-Hounds Digest #7.325

>>Caetano Veloso : Estrangeiro
>
>yeah! david byrne produced this album, but that really means nothing in
>the light of this guy's talent and songwriting. so what if i don't know
>any spanish - it's still quite good. recommended.

If I may be pedantic for a moment - it wouldn't have helped you a great deal,
as Caetano is Brazillian and sings in Portuguese. I like him a lot though
the only other album of his I have on CD is "Totalmente Demais".
I think you will find a far greater range of his stuff, and Brazillian
artists in general, in the US than we can find in the UK.
If the Lovehounds sampler tapes of several years ago are still floating
around I included one of his songs "Queixa" as part of my selection
(it can be found on a compilation called Musica Popular Brasileira).

Be seeing you,
	Neil

--
Neil Calton                          UUCP:   ..!mcsun!ukc!rlinf!nbc
Informatics Department,              NSFNET: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk