Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The death of my respect for Cynthia's opinions

From: stevev@greylady.uoregon.edu (Steve VanDevender)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1991 01:12:47 -0700
Subject: The death of my respect for Cynthia's opinions
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Me sez:
>> Cynthia's post, however, is the sort of thing that kills
>> rational discussion since few people are egoless enough to just
>> sit around and take that kind of abuse.

Cynthia Rosas sez:
> And that is _your_ opinion Steve, which you're entitled to.
> I said how it came off to me, and that's the way it goes.  I
> don't think it was abusive.  I found that particular essay to
> be written in an adolescent and sychophantic style, that's the
> way it struck me.  How else would you like me to register that
> opinion?  Are you people adults or fragile orchids?  I'm
> afraid when a divergent view is expressed, sometimes it may
> not always be in a form to Emily Post's liking.  Nor yours,
> nor mine, etc etc.   ALso, I did not offer a lengthy criticism
> of Jorn's proposal.  I gave my own emotional reaction to it.
> Short & simple.

You are a raving bitch.

If that's what I really think is the truth, then is saying it
abusive?  After all, it's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it,
since this is a free country.  Why should I be worried about
offending you?  You're not afraid of divergent views, are you?
How else would you like me to register my opinion?  I've given
_my_ emotional reaction, short and simple.

I swear, every post I've seen from you yet shows no respect for
the opinions of others, no interest in phrasing your arguments so
that even your opponents might agree with them, and no concern
for the effect your words might have on others.

	Ooooh, don't hate me if I break under the strain . . .
	Analyzed, crucified, caught on Satan's wing
	   -- Happy Rhodes (oops, is it safe to mention her here
	      in Love-Hounds yet?)