Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Answers to Very Important Questions

From: katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie)
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1991 03:55:00 -0700
Subject: Answers to Very Important Questions
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Vickie here.

Steve Berlin asks very thought-provoking questions:

> GAFFA IAQ's (The top 10 Infrequently asked questions)
> 10. My only Kate Bush album is "Lionheart".  Does she have any other
    albums as good as this?

This is as good as it gets. Enjoy it while you can. It will self-destruct
at O900.

> 9. In the song "Heads, We're Dancing", who's this Hitler person she
>    refers to?

He was a very well-respected psychoanalyst and inventor who built a
machine called a "Cloudbuster" which Kate wrote about in her song
"Reaching Out" which is on her album Never For Ever.

> 8. Is Wilson Phillips going to be on her next album?  If not, why not?

This is a *very* well-kept secret! How did you find out? Yes, actually,
Kate and Carnie are even working on a single called "Ooh Baby Ohh"
and it should be out by Christmas. They are supposed to debut it on
a John Denver Christmas Special, but knowing Carnie, she'll back out.

> 7. Is John C. Bush the same person as Rod McKuen?  Their styles seem
>    very similar.  (Sorry, this should have been in the FAQ file.  The
>    answer is, of course:  yes, they are the same person).

Nonono! John is actually a Vogon. The Rod McKuen myth was started by
someone for some reason that only they know and I don't.

> 6. Is the boxed set coming out on 8-track tapes?

Only in Yugoslavia. Maybe Mexico too, but I'm not sure. I've heard that
it will come with one of those fuzzy things that you can put on your
rear-view mirror, but we'll see.

> 5. In "Running up that Hill", which hill in specific does she mean?

Solsbury.

> 4. Is Del Palmer any relationship to Laura Palmer of Twin Peaks?

Yes! Good for you! He killed her because she complained about his
engineering skills on TSW. Uh oh, sorry Klaus.

> 3. The song "Wuthering Heights".  Is this, like, from, like, a book
>    or something, y'know?

No, it's based on a play by Andrew Lloyd Weber, which itself was inspired
by a book by Jaqueline Suzanne (sp?) which was based on a song by
The Who, which was inspired by a movie that I can't remember the name of
but it starred Richard Burton, and the movie was based on an Irish Sea
Shanty. More than that I couldn't tell you. Anyone remember the movie?

> 2. If Kate Bush is God, can she make a rock so big that she herself
>    can not lift it?

Oh come on, that's silly. She can do anything she darn well pleases.

> And the least-asked Rec.music.gaffa question:

> 1.  How can I get a date with Joe Turner?

Can't help you with that one. Sorry.

Glad to be of cervix.

Vickie
katefans@chinet.chi.il.us

"The ruder and inconsideraterrr I am, the better a day I'm having!  :-)"
                                                     Cyns