Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cat Fight!

From: nstar!bluemoon!bsbbs!nrc@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (N. Richard Caldwell)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1991 21:11:31 -0700
Subject: Cat Fight!
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie) writes:

> Vickie here.
>
> Melissa says:
>
> > I will not allow such statements about Richard to go unchallenged.
> > He is perfectly capable of taking care of himself, but you need to
> > be aware that I will tenaciously defend him if further comments of
> > this sort are made.
>
> Fine. Where were you when Richard called Chris "potentially dangerous"
> just because Chris questioned the Little Light people's truthfulness.

Very bad form, Vickie.  That episode was over but since you took
my private email remark completely out of context and brought it
into this public forum, I really must clarify that statement for the
viewers at home.  What I actually said to Chris was:

| I don't believe for an instant that you're going to change your mind
| about any of this, that became evident very early on.  Any effort to
| convince you that your accusations were unfair would be a waste of my
| time.  With that as a given all I can do is state my grievance in Love-
| Hounds and leave it to the judgement of those few readers who haven't
| already determined you to be either the defender of the faith or a
| potentially dangerous crank.

I apologized for the "potentially dangerous" part.  I'm not sure what the
point was since you've just dredged it up again.

"Don't drive too slowly."         Richard Caldwell
                                  The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)
                                  {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!nrc
                                  nrc@bsbbs.UUCP