Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Death of Emotion

From: nstar!bluemoon!bsbbs!cynthia@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Cynthia Rosas)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1991 17:53:01 -0700
Subject: The Death of Emotion
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie) writes:

> God knows, Jorn will probably never write anything like that again either.
> Too bad, because there are other people like me who enjoyed that article.
> Minor disagreements can be dealt with via e-mail, there was no reason
> for Cynthia to tear into him like she did.

Write what you want, just don't cry because others do the
same.  It's problematic enough for me to post thr Love-Hounds,
e-mail is amother bag of worms that I don't have time to deal
with actually.  And I didn't "tear" into him.  If I had wanted
to tear into him, he'd still be in bloody shreds. I generally
don't "tear" into people unless they have truly done me some
harm.  You folks, seem to interpret "I didn't think that was
as neat as you did" as an affront.  Not my problem.

> I agree with Ken Brownfield,
> in that her reaction showed a lot about her character.

Ooooh, you and Mr. Facist "you aren't allowed to believe that"
or whatever nonsense it was.  That you _think_ you have any
insight into my character based on one post is laughable.  I,
however, have months of posts that imply you have a real
problem with differeing opinions, or if folks don't like
something for the same reasons.

Tell me, Vickie dear, just what, with your and Ken's _vast_
insight into human nature, did you find out about my
"character"?  Besides that I didn't like something you did
like, and bluntly said so.

> wrote a fascinating and thought-provoking article about his own reactions
> to TSW. He ruined it by coming off sounding very cynical and bitchy and he
> even made it a point to refer to Jorn's article. No reason for it, he'd
> made his point. He just wanted to show us all what his steel-hardened
> heart looked like, I guess. It was fascinating too.

Uh oh, the Psyche Police  may be delving into your character,
Richard.  Guard your brain cells!!!

> All of the above is my own humble emotional opinions speaking. That's the
> last you'll see of them here.*

Careful, your character is showing.
And it ain't a pretty sight right now.

Oh yeah, that's all my opinion.  So what?  You agree great,
you disagree, great.  Ahhhh, life in a free country.....

----
cynthia@bsbbs.UUCP (Cynthia Rosas)
The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)