Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Death of Emotion

From: nstar!bluemoon!bsbbs!cynthia@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Cynthia Rosas)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1991 22:11:47 -0700
Subject: The Death of Emotion
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

stevev@greylady.uoregon.EDU (Steve VanDevender) writes:

> This is the sort of thing that I think Vickie can rightly be
> annoyed by, and which Richard can't rightly defend, for it goes
> beyond rational criticism of Jorn's proposal, to imply that he is
> sycophantic and childish.  Richard's "The Sensual Suspension in
> Gaffa" post, however much it might have said things distasteful
> to some love-hounds, presented its ideas without belittling
> others.  Cynthia's post, however, is the sort of thing that kills
> rational discussion since few people are egoless enough to just
> sit around and take that kind of abuse.

And that is _your_ opinion Steve, which you're entitled to.
I said how it came off to me, and that's the way it goes.  I
don't think it was abusive.  I found that particular essay to
be written in an adolescent and sychophantic style, that's the
way it struck me.  How else would you like me to register that
opinion?  Are you people adults or fragile orchids?  I'm
afraid when a divergent view is expressed, sometimes it may
not always be in a form to Emily Post's liking.  Nor yours,
nor mine, etc etc.   ALso, I did not offer a lengthy criticism
of Jorn's proposal.  I gave my own emotional reaction to it.
Short & simple.

If you folks are going to take everything as a personal
affront, then spread out the eggshells, we can start walking
on 'em.

----
cynthia@bsbbs.UUCP (Cynthia Rosas)
The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)