Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-38 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Is there so much hate for the ones we love?

From: nstar!bluemoon!bsbbs!cynthia@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Cynthia Rosas)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1991 17:09:02 -0700
Subject: Is there so much hate for the ones we love?
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Vickie shields Jornie under her breast :

> katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie):
> Vickie here.
> >Don't you have any grasp that people have feelings and say things
> >sincerely from the heart?
>
> It would seem not.
>
> >Why do I even try to communicate if little twerps like you are gonna
> >feel you can dump on me that way?
>
> Yeah Jorn, I know what you mean. I have decided to quit writing about
> how much I love Kate.

Oh no, how are we to survive?  You mean....... You're taking
your marbles and going home?  How deliciously pouty of you.

> Why pour your heart out when it will just get
> dumped on? Stick to facts and figures (though those have been attacked
> recently too) questions and comments, news and information. It's very
> fashionable to be cynical and anti-hero nowadays I guess. How sad.
> Some people mistake genuine affection and admiration for "slobbering."

Naaa, I pretty well see slobbering as "slobbering".  You and
Jornie and anyone for that matter, can expound on your love
for Kate all you want.  But Vickie, if you can't withstand
any scrutiny or divergence of opinion, you're in the wrong
forum.

> E-mail me when you have something heart-felt to say though. I'll do the
> same for you, Jorn. Or post to Ecto. I care.

Brought to you by Hallmark.  :-)  Oh come on lighten up Vicks!
If you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the kitchen!

> ps, now watch out for all the "oh poor things, can't take a little
> critisism?" posts.

Ahhh, how well you perceive yourself.  You love to dish it out
V, but your panties seem to wad up as soon as somebody doesn't
agree.

And by the way, I think it was your hubby or hubby-like Chris
who said that the idea of an opinion being right or wrong was
preposterous.  Ya'll must be terribly thin skinned if you melt
at the expression of someone who disagrees, or found something
you wrote to be astylistically immature.  It's my opinion.
You have yours, I have mine.  Live in the real world.

Sayyyyyy, how 'bout those Thomas hearings.  I'm sure we can
all agree on that.  God help me if I don't agree with you
guardians of emotional truth.

Oh well.

Cynthia Rosas, Not of Ohio.

----