Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Marta Sebestyen and Muszikas, and a TSW comment

From: Zimri Smith <ST701790@brownvm.brown.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1991 18:13:27 -0700
Subject: Marta Sebestyen and Muszikas, and a TSW comment
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

I think this was the list on which I saw someone ask about this
Hungarian group about a week ago. I saw them last Thursday night in
Boston, and thought they were very, very good. Perhaps my favorite
piece was one done by Marta alone, accompanying herself on a very strange
wooden flute-like instrument that had no holes. (Well, two, actually,
one to blow in and another at the end) She was able to play an
increasingly rapid melody on it that I'll be damned if I can figure
out how.

On an unrelated (and probably heretical) topic, was anyone else out there
disappointed with the sound quality on TSW? I realize that Kate
can do no wrong, so someone else must be responsible for making
most of the album sound, well, uni-dimensional in the sense that there's
not the depth of, say, HoL, or even The Kick Inside. Has this been
hashed out here before? If so, sorry; I'm fairly new to this list.

   - Zimri Smith (ST701790@brownvm.brown.edu)