Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Hopefully an end to the Cynthia string (*snort*)

From: boris%monsoon.Berkeley.EDU@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (Boris Chen)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1991 23:32:58 -0700
Subject: Re: Hopefully an end to the Cynthia string (*snort*)
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet%agate.Berkeley.EDU@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (USENET Administrator)

In article <9110160550.AA24810@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu> brownfld@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.EDU (Kenneth R Brownfield) writes:
KEn Expounds:

>     Another fun reading day in the land of love-hounds:
>     First, Boris' comments:
>
>>>     You have no right to believe what you believe.
>>I hope this is a joke.
>
>     Actually, it was a point you missed.  I wanted Cynthia to think about
>how she felt after someone told her that.  I felt in my so humble opinion that
>she should at least be aware of what she was, uhm, "dishing" out.  She seems
>to be taking offense to something she insists Jorn should not take offense to.

No one was saying that Jorn sholdn't take offense. But what I think,
and what other's may thing, is that Jorn shouldn't act in that manner.
Criticism(even bad) is expected. Should one never love, since that
puts him/her in a position to get hurt?

>     Don't worry.  It's Jorn that would find it personal.  I certainly have no
>evidence to the contrary that would suggest he didn't have that right.

Not anyone I know, is advocating denying rights. (except for hwat I thought
you said above) This whole "I feel that you can't feel that I shouldn't feel
this way is wrong" is snowballing increadibly.

>     Who are you taking out to your Junior prom this year?

OOOHhhh. Now didn't you just a few likes up say that one should not
demean another's character?

>Cynthia writes:
>>were totally sincere.  I simply found it to be written in a
>>style that struck me as adolescent and idol-worshipping, as
>>opposed to it being a mature piece.  That you can't accept
>Ken responds:
>     Read what you write once in awhile.  You'll become numb to the sensation.

Double OOOhhh.

>     If you're not making a personal attack, what the hell _are_ you saying?
>You seem to be claiming the right to an opinion and denying any personal/
>character references in your intentions, while a knife drips blood in your
>ther hand.  This isn't grade-school recess, Cynthia.  Tact is a virtue here,
>both for others and for your own good.

Tact, eh? Triple Ooooh.

Are you the leader of the GLC? :)

--boris