Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Ignorance and Yello

From: Kjetil Torgrim Homme <kjetilho@ifi.uio.no>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1991 22:42:18 -0700
Subject: Ignorance and Yello
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

I guess I should have known it would be silly of me to get into a
debate here... I just listen to the music, I know very little about
the making of it. Obviously, how many layers of the music you have the
capability and/or inclination to peel away varies from person to
person. Having gotten that off my chest...

It was interesting to hear how the Fairlight operates. I thought it
was just another (albeit early) sampler. Hmmm, I've had an idea for an
alternative method for playing samples:
  - play the sample at a fixed speed.
  - modulate it over a sine or square wave, which holds the pitch.
Would this work? If so, what synths use this method? (In Chris we trust :)

I'm glad to see some discussion about Yello, my favourite group now.
(partly due to overexposure to KaTe, sigh. I hate it when this
happens, it happened to The Wall, too) When I find good artists, I
must get all their albums, alas, this is some times difficult to
combine with buying clothes and the like. Students have a hard time...

Can anyone point me to the Yello-mailing-list?

Kjetil T. (wondering if he'd call himself |<jetil, to fit in :)