Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Rocket Man

From: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1991 03:05:24 -0700
Subject: Rocket Man
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

It is out.

"From the age of 11, Elton John was my biggest hereo. I loved his music,
had all his albums and I hoped one day I'd play the piano like him (I still
do).

When I was asked to be involved in this project and was given the choice of
a track it was like being asked 'would you like to fulfill a dream?
Would you like to be Rocket Man?' ... yes, I would."

Produced by: Kate Bush
Engineered by: Del Palmer

Charlie Morgan: Drums
Del Palmer: Bass
Alan Murphy: Guitars
Kate Bush: Keyboards and Vocals
Davey Spillane: Uillean Pipes
Alister Anderson: Concertina

C. 1990 Novercia Limited, performed by Kate Bush courtesy of Sony Music
Entertainment and EMI Records.

What is it like. Haven`t made up my mind yet. Only heard it on my portable.
First impression were that it was not what I had expected! There is certainly
some reggae influence but there is also a big mixture of styles IMHO. I will
post again when I have had a chance to listen further.

Neil

--
Neil Calton                          UUCP:   ..!mcsun!ukc!rlinf!nbc
Informatics Department,              NSFNET: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk