Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Rocket Man

From: "Craig R.P. Heath" <craig@sco.COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1991 04:34:05 -0700
Subject: Re: Rocket Man
To: eddie.mit.edu!love-hounds@sco.COM
Cc: jondr@sco.COM

Got the "Two Rooms" CD yesterday.

> From: chryses@xurilka.UUCP ("Phong Co")

> On Kate's cover of Elton's "Rocket Man", is she actually going to
> sing "I miss the earth so much, I miss my wife"?

Yes, she does, but singing from a male viewpoint is not a new development
(c.f. Ran-Tan Waltz, or This Woman's Work).

As for the performance/arrangement, at this point my only judgement is
"Odd."  It's definitely "TSW"-style material (OK, maybe that was another
judgement).

And I warn you now, Drukman's not going to like the production!

Yo! brownfld@rcnext.cso.uiuc.EDU (Kenneth R Brownfield) raps:
>  What in tarnation is cod-reggae?  Some guy beating a drum under sea water?

and Drukman displays his erudition with:
>  Cod is brit-speak for faked, or parodic.

as in "codpiece", I suspect.
---
 O__ ....	Craig R.P. Heath	    Europe:
/|   bang	Santa Cruz Operation Ltd.	...!uknet!pyrltd!scol!craig
/ \		+44 923 816344 x417	    Internet: craig@sco.COM