Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Sensual Suspension in Gaffa

From: nstar!bluemoon!bsbbs!nrc@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (N. Richard Caldwell)
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1991 02:23:49 -0700
Subject: Re: The Sensual Suspension in Gaffa
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.EDU (Jorn Barger) writes:

> What is wrong with you Ohioans?????  Don't you have any grasp that
> people have feelings and say things sincerely from the heart?
> I'm getting the impression the the whole lot of you have severe
> personality disorders.  (Nothing personal about Ohio.. I grew up
> in Yellow Springs.)

What the hell do Ohioans have to do with it?  Cynthia is a
Floridian.  Further, what do you mean by OhioanS?  Who else here
has done anything to merit your insults?

Sorry, but I'm not buying the notion that "having feelings and
saying things from the heart" creates some kind of magic exemption
from criticism of the ideas expressed.  Criticism, not insults.
People have just as much right to speak their mind as you do to
speak your heart.

> (If this, btw, is revenge for my Paul Simon comment, I tried to
> email you a reconciliation but your address bounces like a rubber
> check.)

You should ask your system administrator to update his UUCP maps.
We are registered so anyone with current maps should be able to
get here.

"Don't drive too slowly."         Richard Caldwell
                                  The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)
                                  {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!nrc
                                  nrc@bsbbs.UUCP