Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Danielleish etc.

From: katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1991 01:20:00 -0700
Subject: Danielleish etc.
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Vishal writes:

> Danielle Dax's "Dark Adapted Eye" (the good stuff doesn't
> start till like song 10), followed by Sister of Mercy's

What? Oh no, I think they're *all* great! You don't like...

Cat-House..Big Hollow Man..White Knuckle Ride..When I Was Young..
Yummer Yummer Man..Fizzing Human Bomb..Whistling For His Love..
Flashback or Inky Bloaters??? Some of those are weaker than
others, and you're absolutely right that the "b" side is a
killer, but I *especially* love Big Hollow Man (grrrrrrreat
lyrics!), Yummer Yummer Man, Flashback and Inky Bloaters.

I also have mucho fondness for When I Was Young. I guess I'm
a sucker for waltz time in alternative music. I like Cat-House
because it's the only Danielle Dax video I have, though I do
have her doing a couple of songs live. White Knuckle Ride is
somewhat weak, but the lyrics are chilling. Fizzing Human Bomb
is, as far as I can figure, about orgasms. Always a cool subject!
Whistling For His Love is pretty OK, but not great.

> Happy Rhodes' (yes Vickie! :-)) "Lay me down" played over
> and over and over...

Cool, thank you!

> Diamanda Galas' "The Litanies of Satan" back to back with
> The Gyuto Monks' "Tibetan Tantric Choir".  Shudder!!

Try playing them *together* if you have a way to do it!

The Gyuto Monks are coming to Chicago in concert. I really hope
we can go. What an experience that would be! Besides the serious
and fascinating cultural, religious and musical history involved
in their music, they'll also turn the venue into one giant vibrator!

Vickie (still one of us)
katefans@chinet.chi.il.us