Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Your plastic PAL who's fun to be with!!!

From: katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1991 01:21:00 -0700
Subject: Your plastic PAL who's fun to be with!!!
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Vickie here.

Chris often flies down to Kansas City to do free-lance work for all
the people who miss him terribly now that he doesn't live there
anymore. One place he puts a lot of hours in at is an audio-video
store, where he always gets paid in equipment instead of cash. That's
how we got a lot of our toys.

He just came back and brought with him something we've lusted after
for many years....

...A PAL VCR!!!!

Finally, we can watch the PAL Hammersmith I bought here in Chicago
for $12.00 and The Whole Story that we bought last year in London.
We've seen them before, of course, but PAL is a near religious
experience. The Hammersmith really wasn't that great, because it
was a battered used copy. TWS, though, was simply lucious!

We are broke at the moment, but for future reference, can someone
provide names and addresses of places that mail order PAL videos
and films? I wish we'd had a ton of money in London. We could have
spent a fortune just in Tower Video. Many of our favorite films
were in the bargain bins. Brazil, Blade Runner, The Cotton Club,
One From the Heart, the Twin Peaks movie and many more, were very
cheap, but we didn't have any extra money and didn't know how many
years it would be before we could get a PAL machine anyway. If they'd
had The Single File, we would have bought that though. They didn't.

Do any English Love-Hounds have anything really cool on PAL that
they'd be willing to make dubs of? We'd love to have a great copy of
the Christmas Special, the Wogan Experiment IV, the Saturday Night Live,
Les Dogs and GLC (neither of which we have in NTSC) or anything else
really obscure. The VCR can also play SECAM, so European Love-Hounds
are included in this plea.

Many and hearty thanks in advance for any info or help anyone can provide!

Vickie'n'Chris
katefans@chinet.chi.il.us

"The color RED exists, but only in England"  Me, before yesterday...