Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Join The Big Sky Support Group : )

From: scott@cs.heriot-watt.ac.uk (Scott Telford)
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1991 13:29:05 -0700
Subject: Re: Join The Big Sky Support Group : )
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cs.heriot-watt.ac.uk

In article <91Sep24.174850pdt.436278@wiretap.Spies.COM>
MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU writes:
>Hi all...

Hi.

>This is an invitation to join the (semi) official The Big Sky Support Group.
>All people who enjoy this song as much as I do (for the sheer amusement value
>involved) are free to sign up! :)

Count me in!

>1. The video is Kate's most *fun*.

Indeedy. I wish they didn't fade it out so soon on TWS though.

>2. The song is the most overproduced piece of music I've ever experienced
>in a KaTe KomposiTion (before the advent of "L&A").  Just trying to figure
>out how many tracks are layered on that thing at the end can blow your sonic
>mind... I love it!!!

It took me a while before I even found the dijeridoo. And I love the bit
right at the end, where, if you listen closely, you can hear KaTe
getting out of breath...

>3. It is one of the relatively few KaTesongs you can seriously boogie to.

As KaTe ably demonstrates in the video 8^)

This one blows me away every time I hear it...and I have'nt even heard
the Meteorological mix (yet!)

BTW, What about the chant at the end? IED's lyrics say "Rolling over
like a great big cloud/Rolling over in the Big Sky", but I hear
"Rolling over like a big, big cloud/Walking out in the Big Sky". Any
other interpretations?

"Dilly-de-dum-dum, da-dilly-dilly, dilly-dilly, dilly-de-dum-dum...."

--
Scott Telford,
no longer at the Dept. of Computer Science, Heriot-Watt University, UK,