Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lookin' for a party

From: Dances With Voles <jondr@sco.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1991 12:20:30 -0700
Subject: Re: Lookin' for a party
To: rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sco.COM

Yo! turney@cs.cornell.EDU (Jenn Turney) raps:
>I'm going to be in northern California in a couple of weeks and
>thought perhaps "IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS SINCE THE LAST ALBUM!" might be
>sufficient justification for a get-together.  Say maybe on Sunday,
>October 13th?  (Yes, I know that's a little early, but hey, I didn't
>say EXACTLY two years.)  Unfortunately, I can't volunteer a place for
>a gathering -- is there a willing and eager host out there?  How about
>willing and eager attendees?

OK, I'll offer my place.  I'd like to get an idea of how many people are
contemplating on coming, because it's not a very large apartment (but
certainly no smaller than Larry Hernandez' condo).  So, if you think you are
interested (and please be somewhat sure that there is a reasonable chance of
you showing up) send me some email.

And if anyone out there has LOTS of speaker wire, bring it!  Currently my
stereo resides in my bedroom, and it would be cool to run the speakers out
to the living room.  I will move the stereo if I have to, but I'd prefer to
avoid that option (particularly as there isn't anywhere to set it up in the
living room).

By the way, I live in Santa Cruz, so all you Bay Area folks should
contemplate coming, it's only 90 minutes from San Francisco the way I
drive... :)

Once I get an idea of who's coming and what time is cool, I'll post some
directions.  (If you can find Route 1, you're there already.)

I may have to decide to make the party Saturday the 12th instead of Sunday
the 13th, but as Jenn is the Guest Of Honor, we'll give her a chance to
voice her opinion.

--
Jon Drukman (the fly)                           uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
With hungered flesh obscurely, he mutely craved to adore.