Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Wedding music

From: Dances With Voles <jondr@sco.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1991 12:02:37 -0700
Subject: Re: Wedding music
To: rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sco.COM

Yo! tabn3@isuvax.iastate.edu raps:
>>A few suggestions:
>>
>>Coil - "Tainted Love"
>
>     Is this the same as the song by Soft Cell?  Cover of it, perhaps?

It's a cover of the Soft Cell tune, yes.  Actually, wasn't the Soft Cell
version a cover?  Or am I confusing that with "Where Did Our Love Go" which
was DEFINITELY a cover...  ANYWAY, the Coil version is absolutely
incredible, and WaxTrax have reissued it lately on a CD single, so you have
to go buy it.  You'll never be able to listen to the Soft Cell version the
same way again.

I'd vote for "Full Metal Jackoff" by Jello Biafra and DOA for my wedding
march.

	That sure was easy, wasn't it?
	That sure was easy, wasn't it!?

--
Jon Drukman (the fly)                           uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
With hungered flesh obscurely, he mutely craved to adore.