Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Here we go again...

From: Dances With Voles <jondr@sco.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1991 12:07:48 -0700
Subject: Re: Here we go again...
To: rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sco.COM

Yo! MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU raps:
>Don't you think this is getting a bit old?  :)

Well, I got a lot of flak for my last attribution line and I wasn't thinking
clearly when I came up with this one.  I haven't thought of anything better
yet.  Too busy.

>No, it's not necessarily bad... it's just something that the later albums don't
>do to me, and when I listen to something, it should affect my ears and my mind
>and my soul, not my tonsils, too!

I have many tests of an album.  Tonsil-vibration factor is one of them.  The
other is Air-Guitarosity.  (Closely related is Air-Drumosity, which usually
applies to the rhythm-intensive stuff I listen to).  Any album which passes
the tonsil-vibration test is a good one.

>Aw, come on, don't be afraid to use the superlatives!  They won't kill your
>reputation.  It started great, and has gotten greater.  :)

Nah, I don't think her voice on TSW is up to par.  I just didn't like it as
much.  The Dreaming was the peak.  It's been on a downhill slide since
(although there have been great moments, nothing measures up to the all-holy
Dreaming).

>Sorry, but Skinny Puppy gives me diarrhea.

That's only the ENTIRE POINT.  If you'd ever seen them live, you'd know that
Ogre likes to appear coated in what appears to be mud, blood, shit and gore.

>I know our musical tastes diverge
>at many points, just from reading a few of your recent postings.  But I'm a
>purist who likes melody in her music- and anyone who knows me can attest that
>the male voice in most of its incarnations does nothing for me anyway.  (Read
>the above concerning tonsils.)

MELODY!?  How old fashioned can you get!  I need say no more.  :)

--
Jon Drukman (the fly)                           uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
With hungered flesh obscurely, he mutely craved to adore.